Thursday, April 21, 2011

Family isn't always blood. It's the people in your life who accept you for who you are...who love you no matter what.
So this was my post on facebook yesterday. I am amazed at how many people responded to it with either a comment or a "like". For those of you who know me, you know that there is nothing more important to me than the ones I love, my family. This was the perfect quote for me because I have many people in my life that I consider family. We may not have the same blood running through our veins, but they are my family nonetheless.

I have experienced some great loss in the last year when it comes to family. Some I have lost through death, others through different circumstances. Regardless of how they were lost, there is still sorrow and grieving that accompany it. But, at the end of the day, I can say that while they were in my lives I was loving, giving and supportive. There is nothing I would not have done for them.

As I write this today, I am very thankful and blessed to have many people in my life that love me for who I am, that support me, and that would be there for me in an instant if I needed them. They mean the world to me. They are gifts from God and I thank Him everyday for bringing them into my life. Simply put, they are my family...

No comments:

Post a Comment